Scolarship Sustainable Nuclear Engineering – Applications and Management (SNEAM)
The EDF Foundation for Science and Education - the “Institut de France” - offers scholarships to students with Bachelor background in Nuclear Engineering and selected for the Master of Science SNEAM, February 2017 intake. Those scholarships will be awarded on an Excellence criterion by the Selection Committee which will take place at the beginning of December 2016.
SNEAM / ANWM - Advanced Nuclear Waste Managementspecializes in nuclear waste management. It develops fundamental scientific, technical and industrial knowledge, has a particular focus on the backend of the nuclear fuel cycle, nuclear waste management, long-term safety and environmental impact assessment and provides strong insights on dismantlement and decommissioning of nuclear installations.
The master forms engineers exposed to a highly complex scientific environment where technical expertise is omnipresent in the field of nuclear waste management. The program provides:
- The scientific knowledge necessary for nuclear waste management and the capability to understand how to assess long-term safety and environment impacts.
- The competencies to master the operational techniques and strategies for the management of nuclear waste.
- The appropriate solutions according to the type of waste through project work in industry.
- The possibility to build contacts with a large number of international key players in the field.
- The competencies to master dismantlement and decommissioning of nuclear installations.
- Societal considerations in the management of nuclear waste with regard to the public acceptance.